Menu

Federal Contractor Misconduct Database (FCMD)

The federal government routinely awards contracts to companies with histories of misconduct, including contract fraud and other violations. POGO believes that providing this website will help to improve contracting decisions and increase public knowledge of how the government spends billions of taxpayer dollars each year. Read more…

Leon v. FedEx Ground Package System (Wrongful Death)

A federal jury awarded nearly $5.5 million to the family of Martin Leon, who was killed in a FedEx tractor trailer accident in November 2011 in Cibola County, New Mexico. Leon was sleeping in the FedEx vehicle when the driver fell asleep and collided with another tractor trailer. The jury found FedEx negligent and 75 percent responsible for Leon’s death (the owner and driver of the other vehicle were found 25 percent responsible).

Misconduct Type
Consumer Affairs
Enforcement Agency
Non-Governmental
Contracting Party
None
Court Type
Civil
Disposition
Judgment Against Defendant
Date of Verdict
2/26/2016
Contractors Involved Penalty
Total
FedEx Corporation $5,475,000
Further Information Released
Law Firm Press Release 2/27/2016
Verdict Form 2/26/2016
Complaint 10/17/2013

Federal Contractor Misconduct Database